On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:06:08 -0500
"Gian G. Spicuzza" wrote:
> Thank you for your response. The client must meet the following
> conditions to successfully login:
>
> 1) Proper IP
> 2) Proper Private Key (null-passphrase so at night, when backups are
> initiated, a user does not need to be at console)
> 3) Appropiate command (scp or rsync)

Since this is a backup-type system, that probably works. Not
*as* secure as a passworded key, but in unattended systems that isn't
always practical. If they key's 0600 the backup user, and the machine
is secure, you should be OK in my (non-expert) opinion. If one machine
is secure, and the other not, set it up so that the secure machine
initiates the connection. If untrusted individuals have physical
access to the machine with the key, well, you've got problems.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
-- Fortune