On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:52:23AM -0500, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> I set up two sessions from work. One works fine, the other will disconnect
> after some period of time, possibly from lack of use.

[...]
> Majordomo>Read from remote host syslang.net: Connection reset by peer
> Connection to syslang.net closed.
>
> I looked in syslog and this is all I see:
>
> Jan 9 13:10:52 saturn sshd(pam_unix)[25639]: session closed for user steveo
>
> Is there a pam config I want to tweak? (If so how?) Is this a pam problem?

It's more likely a your-TCP-connection-was-killed problem. If it's
a firewall timeout then either ClientAliveInterval (on the server) or
ServerAliveInterval (on the client) can help keep those firewall state
tables fresh.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.