Hi Brad,

You should check that X11Forwarding is set to yes in the sshd_config file.

The X Display variable should be set to something like localhost:10.0
or 127.0.0.1:10.0 and not as the IP address of your PC. If you set
this to your PC IP address then you will be bypassing the SSH tunnel.
Type echo $DISPLAY at the prompt to see what is set.

HTH,

Nathan

On 6/16/05, Hogan, Brad wrote:
> I have set up HP-UX Secure Shell, version A.03.91.002, on two HP 9000
> servers. They are both running HP-UX 11i. Using Exceed 10 (with Connectiv=

ity
> Secure Shell 10) as my client on a windows PC, I can get VT emulated
> terminals over ssh just fine. On one server when I try to bring up an Xte=

rm,
> I get this error:
>=20
> sshd[2466]: error: Can't get IP address for X11 DISPLAY
>=20
> Needless to say the xterm does not open up on my PC. On the other server
> this works just fine. My PC is in the hosts file. It does not matter if I
> put in the PC's IP address or a macro when I invoke the xterm command.
> Remember that this works fine on the other server, secure tunnels to both
> servers open just fine, I can ping my PC from both servers, etc. (Using
> telnet as my startup method does work fine.)
>=20
> I have searched the archives and all I come up with are problems where
> people do not provide the display name or IP for their display - this is =

not