On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 11:55:03AM -0500, McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:
> On my HP-UX and RH systems, I always needed to set my $DISPLAY. You should
> be looking at your Xserver more than your ssh setup.

Then you've done something wrong. X11 forwarding works just fine for me
on my HP-UX systems. The only trick to it is that, with most of the X
client programs on HP-UX, you need to have "X11UseLocalhost no" in the
sshd_config file.

Apart from that, it's just the standard setup. Put "X11Forwarding yes" in
sshd_config and use "ssh -X" on the client. Make sure the xauth program
is available to both the client and the server, in a path that the server
expects (at compile time).