Joel,=20
The file name above indeed does not appear to be a RSA1 key. In fact the =
name (whether accurate or not) states the key to be DSA.

Here is an example of my host keys and the relevant entry in my =
sshd_config:

$ ls /etc/ssh/*key
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key

$ grep -i key /etc/ssh/sshd_config
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

On my host, I support ssh protocol 2, so I only have DSA and RSA host =
keys. If I had an RSA1 host key it would read like this in my =
sshd_config:

HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key

With that said, it is best practice to use only protocol 2.
=20

HTH.
Matt

=20