Hi,

I have 2 questions about sftp. Firstly a little background. I'm =
running a Linux Enterprise distro with OpenSSH3.6.1. I have tried to =
chroot my sftp session but when I try it just hangs and there are no =
error messages generated (noting odd when I use sftp -v). I have tried =
to patch the stfp-server subsystem (and realise that its not supported =
by OpenSSH) but was wondering why this was the case.

My second question is related. Its appears that when I do use a sftp =
session (non chroot patch) I can navigate around the whole filesystem. =
Does sftp not use the underlying file permissions on the server? Can I =
make it do so?

Thanks in advance

Mario

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the recipient =
or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential =
information that is exempt from disclosure by law and if you are not the =
intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any act in =
reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify =
the sender immediately and delete from your system.
Whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, you =
need to verify that this email and any attachments are virus-free, as we =
can take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be =
transferred by way of them.