On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 12:47:11PM +0100, Lars Kruse wrote:
> Hi to all of you,
>
> maybe my previous mail
> (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.net...sh.devel/13345) was not
> clear enough, so I will try to summarize it more concisely:

I missed the original post but just went and reviewed it.

> If I use X-Frowarding, then the ssh-daemon offers DISPLAY settings,
> that can not be used. Thus resulting in "cannot connect ..." errors.
>
> >From my point of view, the ssh-daemon should check, if (for example)

> port 6014 is available before it offers the DISPLAY "localhost:4".
>
> This not-checking is especially ugly, as the ssh-daemon itself occupied
> the respective port during another X-Forwarding session.

It does check that it can bind to the port, though (see
x11_create_display_inet()).

I suspect the root of your problem is some funkiness with IPv6. Note
that some of the listening sockets in your original post are listening
on ::1 and some on 127.0.0.1.

Do you have X11UseLocalhost set in sshd_config? If so, what does
"localhost" resolve to?

If you can afford to do so you could try running without the ipv6
stack loaded.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.