On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 12:47:11PM +0100, Lars Kruse wrote:
> Hi to all of you,
> maybe my previous mail
> (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.net...sh.devel/13345) was not
> clear enough, so I will try to summarize it more concisely:

I missed the original post but just went and reviewed it.

> If I use X-Frowarding, then the ssh-daemon offers DISPLAY settings,
> that can not be used. Thus resulting in "cannot connect ..." errors.
> >From my point of view, the ssh-daemon should check, if (for example)

> port 6014 is available before it offers the DISPLAY "localhost:4".
> This not-checking is especially ugly, as the ssh-daemon itself occupied
> the respective port during another X-Forwarding session.

It does check that it can bind to the port, though (see

I suspect the root of your problem is some funkiness with IPv6. Note
that some of the listening sockets in your original post are listening
on ::1 and some on

Do you have X11UseLocalhost set in sshd_config? If so, what does
"localhost" resolve to?

If you can afford to do so you could try running without the ipv6
stack loaded.

Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.
openssh-unix-dev mailing list