Simon Richter wrote:
> to connect to another host behind a firewall, and I also have a lot of
> these commands in my ssh config file. Since this relies on the server
> having netcat available (which a lot don't, or in some really old
> version that will not shut down properly) it breaks often,

When I was doing that it I would always find that it left a lot of
netcat processes hanging around that did not terminate appropriately.
I assume that is your problem too? Instead let me recommend the
'connect' code.

Having switched to connect I stopped having problems such as
described. It was the difference between night and day.

openssh-unix-dev mailing list