Re: non-informative error message - openssh

This is a discussion on Re: non-informative error message - openssh ; On Monday 11 September 2006 01:39, Tim wrote: > I request that this message stay the same and that users consider > gaining a sense of humor and a cultural understanding of the systems in > use. OK, it did ...

  1. Re: non-informative error message

    On Monday 11 September 2006 01:39, Tim wrote:
    > I request that this message stay the same and that users consider
    > gaining a sense of humor and a cultural understanding of the systems in
    > use.

    OK, it did give me a good laugh the first couple of times, but after a while
    it just gets annoying. Perhaps you could consider changing the message to
    something witty _and_ informative (eg, bash under the same circumstances
    says "I have no name!"). But then again, I'd rather not be though of as an
    exterminator of your cultural heritage

    (For the history, the error arises because I'm authenticated by a NIS server
    behind a faulty-soon-to-be-replaced switch that causes occasional timeouts)

    Cheers,
    Serafeim

  2. Re: non-informative error message

    I write because may help and as documentation. I had to deal with this
    issue in my new Suse 10.1. I've solved it using the AppArmor that seems
    to be a feature in this linux distribution. I've found nothing that
    intuitively conducted my to solve the issue. I just used the
    _try_and_see_ thechnique and it worked fine. The suse has in Yast (its
    system control center) a section of this (new to me) AppArmor that
    seems to be designed to add security to any application. So, as soon as
    I've made a profile for ssh everything started to work just as
    espected.

    Regards,

    Sebastian

    Serafeim Zanikolas ha escrito: