Darren Tucker wrote:
> Where necessary, those macros could be used (eg your progressmeter
> example, where the 64 bit type is due to the file size in the sftp
> protocol being 64 bits on the wire) and carried as a Portable-only
> change. I'd be interested to hear other opinions on this, though.

They are ugly and I agree that they should only be applied if casting is
inappropriate. I have not gone through all of the warnings yet, but
hopefully there are not too many of them that cannot be fixed by casting
(or bug fixing- good catch, btw). Let's take a closer look after I've
got the patches in hand.

Thanks for your help,
Shaw