I have set /etc/ssh/sshd_config with:
KeepAlive yes
ClientAliveInterval 3

However, no KeepAlive type messages seem to be sent. I've verified this
by looking at the network lights, which don't flicker every 3 seconds.

I am attempting to keep interactive ssh sessions alive longer. If
don't type anything for about 2 minutes, the sessions close. If I run a
"idle" script (which just prints to the screen every 30 seconds) the
sessions stay open. Sessions to a different host stay open, so I don't
think it is a client problem.

My client is ttsh on Windows 2000
My server is OpenSSH 3.1p1 (from RedHat)
My host is RedHat Linux

Is this a bug? Does anyone have advice on keeping interactive terminal
ssh sessions from timing out?

I have reviewed past posts to this list without luck. This message
about sshd timeouts was the closest topic:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=open...7014128847&w=2