Hi

I'm using either V3.2 or V4.2p1 depending on the system.

Server - OSF/1 V5.1 latest patch kit.

If the system has all the accounts in the password file - ssh lets the users login.

If the system has "+" at the end of the passwd file, users in the local password file or in NIS can login

if I change the /etc/svc.conf to have "passwd=local" and add +@users:x::::: to the passwd file, the users who are local to the passwd file can login, but the users in the netgroup fail to login, just getting access failed and re-prompted for their password.

The system works for login/telnet/ftp/rsh/login so I believe that the system is configured correctly, have I missed some configuration option?

Any help will be very welcome.

Thanks

Mike