Damien Mascord wrote:
> One small issue, is that the tests assume that there is an existing
> installation with privsep, and hence require a /var/empty directory to
> exist in the filesystem.
> run test connect.sh ...
> Missing privilege separation directory: /var/empty
> FATAL: sshd_proxy broken
> After creating the /var/empty directory, the tests pass correctly... is
> this desired behaviour for the test suite ? Should the tests be run
> inside a fakeroot or chroot instead ?

Probably not.

A real chroot requires root privs and must be created (which is fiddly
and very system dependant).

fakeroot and friends have to be installed/provided and require a
LD_PRELOAD which is not available on some platforms.

I probably ought to be documented as a limitation, though. Or maybe we
could check for the existence of the user and directory and disable the
privsep tests if missing (eg by unsetting SUDO).

Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

openssh-unix-dev mailing list