Damien Miller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to make one of our periodic releases shortly, so once
> again we are asking for readers of this list (or anyone else) to
> download and test a CVS snapshot of OpenSSH on your favourite
> platforms.
>
> The OpenBSD version is available in CVS HEAD:
> http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html
>
> Portable snapshots are available the mirrors listed at
> http://www.openssh.com/portable.html#ftp in the snapshots/
> subdirectory
>
> Please test! Running the regression tests supplied with Portable does
> not require installation and is a simply:
>
> $ ./configure && make tests

Hi,

Tested on Debian sarge, with no problems.
Tested on Sourcemage stable, with no problems.

One small issue, is that the tests assume that there is an existing
installation with privsep, and hence require a /var/empty directory to
exist in the filesystem.

run test connect.sh ...
Missing privilege separation directory: /var/empty
FATAL: sshd_proxy broken

After creating the /var/empty directory, the tests pass correctly... is
this desired behaviour for the test suite ? Should the tests be run
inside a fakeroot or chroot instead ?

Damien