Thanks for the info.

It appears that the bundled openssl is version 0.9.7d.
Loaded up openssl-0.9.7e in the standard /usr/local/ssl location.
I then added the --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl parameter to the config run.

It built just fine.

The regression tests fail due to issues with the location of the ssh-rand-helper.
I ran the install then, and it went fine, and the binary works.
Once it had loaded the ssh-rand-helper to where it wanted it, I re-ran the make
tests command again, successfully.

So, the end-result is this.

Requirements.

PATH=/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:${PATH}
Vanilla openssl-0.9.7e must be installed.
configure must be run with the --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl parameter.
Regression tests appear to want to run ssh-rand-helper from the install
location, not the build directory for some reason.
Otherwise, it makes fine, and installs correctly.

Thanks again.

Hope this helps someone out.