On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 01:44:06PM -0600, Henrik Bentel wrote:
> Don't know much about VPN. I'm restricted by customers policy of
> only ssh traffic (over port 22) between protected subnets.

This is getting off-topic, but OpenVPN can work over a single TCP
port (as opposed to the default UDP port) just fine, and you can
disable the security things in it. That way you can have a real VPN
on top of SSH with good security (provided by SSH).

Note that there may be performance issues when layering TCP on top of
TCP however, but they're probably only a problem when the link is
less than high quality, i.e. has a few percent consistant packet
loss.

//Peter