Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> If configure was to just test for all the files

That's what it does now.

> then let the
> #ifdefs in the source test and include the gssapi/xxx versions first
> then it should work. Configure would be much simpler.

That has exactly the same problem as currently only with the paths reversed.

If there is a platform that has the system headers in
/usr/include/gssapi/gssapi.h and the locally-built headers in, eg,
/usr/local/krb/include/gssapi.h then we're right back where we started.

Now, I don't know if such a platform exists, but if it does then chances
are it's working now and your proposed change will break it.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.