Darren Tucker wrote:

> Roumen Petrov wrote:
>
>> Why not to look for header first in subdirectory ?
>> As example:
>>
>> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(gssapi/gssapi.h gssapi.h)

> That would still end up defining both.
>
> Assuming we put the second check in an action-if-not-found block, it
> may change the behaviour on other platforms.
>
> I didn't want to break something else while trying to fix this.

I guess that is better when configure found gssapi/gssapi.h to search
for gssapi/gssapi_krb5.h and gssapi/gssapi_generic.h
if not to search for gssapi.h gssapi_krb5.h and gssapi_generic.h, but
you patch is more simple.

Opposite of simple patch is proper detection of header files without
extra platform specific flags like "check_gssapi_gssapi_h_first=1".