fixed outgoing addresse - NTP

This is a discussion on fixed outgoing addresse - NTP ; Hello List, i'm running ntp 4.2.0 on a Linux-Box which has serveral IP-Addresses (i tried 4.2.4 also). Is there a possibility to choose one address as fixed outgoing address (like "query-source" in bind or "smtp_bind_address" in postfix) for all outgoing ...

  1. fixed outgoing addresse

    Hello List,

    i'm running ntp 4.2.0 on a Linux-Box which has serveral IP-Addresses (i
    tried 4.2.4 also).
    Is there a possibility to choose one address as fixed outgoing address
    (like "query-source" in bind or "smtp_bind_address" in postfix) for all
    outgoing requests of ntpd?
    Is such an option existing for ipv6 too?
    In the Documentation and list-archives i can't find anything.

    I'm filtering addresses in an router-acl an i have problems with
    changing addresses.

    Thanks, Florian

  2. Re: fixed outgoing addresse

    Florian wrote:
    > Hello List,
    >
    > i'm running ntp 4.2.0 on a Linux-Box which has serveral IP-Addresses (i
    > tried 4.2.4 also).
    > Is there a possibility to choose one address as fixed outgoing address
    > (like "query-source" in bind or "smtp_bind_address" in postfix) for all
    > outgoing requests of ntpd?
    > Is such an option existing for ipv6 too?

    Not right now. I was looking to add it since it makes sense for outgoing
    queries and it won't take a lot to implement. This might be difficult if
    the address changes.

    Danny