server 127.127.1.0 - NTP

This is a discussion on server 127.127.1.0 - NTP ; If my external time sources are unavailable and I don't set Undisciplined Local Clock in ntp server, clients can synchronize themselves to my server ?...

  1. server 127.127.1.0

    If my external time sources are unavailable and I don't set
    Undisciplined Local Clock in ntp server, clients can synchronize
    themselves to my server ?

  2. Re: server 127.127.1.0

    RICCARDO wrote:
    > If my external time sources are unavailable and I don't set
    > Undisciplined Local Clock in ntp server, clients can synchronize
    > themselves to my server ?

    No, that's what local clock is for.

    Martin
    --
    Martin Burnicki

    Meinberg Funkuhren
    Bad Pyrmont
    Germany

  3. Re: server 127.127.1.0

    On 2007-03-23, Martin Burnicki wrote:

    > RICCARDO wrote:
    >
    >> If my external time sources are unavailable and I don't set
    >> Undisciplined Local Clock in ntp server, clients can synchronize
    >> themselves to my server ?

    > No, that's what local clock is for.

    Or orphan mode.

    --