Re: sanity limit - NTP

This is a discussion on Re: sanity limit - NTP ; Per, Is it only the first data stream after (re)sync when the strange value happens? H...

  1. Re: sanity limit

    Per,

    Is it only the first data stream after (re)sync when the strange value
    happens?

  2. Re: sanity limit

    Harlan Stenn wrote:

    > Per,
    >
    > Is it only the first data stream after (re)sync when the strange value
    > happens?

    Yes, as far as I can tell.

    /Per Jessen, Zürich

  3. Re: sanity limit

    >>> In article , per@computer.org (Per Jessen) writes:

    Harlan> Is it only the first data stream after (re)sync when the strange
    Harlan> value happens?

    Per> Yes, as far as I can tell.

    How about you check with the refclock maintainer and see if there is a way
    you can tell the driver to drop the first sample?

  4. Re: sanity limit

    Harlan Stenn wrote:

    > Harlan> Is it only the first data stream after (re)sync when the
    > strange Harlan> value happens?
    >
    > Per> Yes, as far as I can tell.
    >
    > How about you check with the refclock maintainer and see if there is a
    > way you can tell the driver to drop the first sample?

    Um, I'm just using the rawdcf refclock driver/format with the Tobit
    receiver.

    /Per Jessen, Zürich

  5. Re: sanity limit

    >>> In article , per@computer.org (Per Jessen) writes:

    Harlan> How about you check with the refclock maintainer and see if there
    Harlan> is a way you can tell the driver to drop the first sample?

    Per> Um, I'm just using the rawdcf refclock driver/format with the Tobit
    Per> receiver.

    So that would be the Parse driver, right?

    Frank, any ideas, thoughts, or comments? I could also use this on a machine
    where the first sample is Way Off, too. And I can see benefit to figuring
    out what the root cause is and solving that.

  6. Re: sanity limit

    Harlan Stenn wrote:

    > Per> Um, I'm just using the rawdcf refclock driver/format with the
    > Tobit Per> receiver.
    >
    > So that would be the Parse driver, right?

    Yep, that sounds about right. I certainly see lots of log messages
    prefixed with "PARSE:" and "parse:".

    /Per Jessen, Zürich