Set localtime Time to EDT - NTP

This is a discussion on Set localtime Time to EDT - NTP ; How do I make serverA which currently shows: hwclock --show;date;date -u Wed Mar 14 12:42:57 2007 -0.174200 seconds Wed Mar 14 12:42:56 EST 2007 Wed Mar 14 17:42:56 UTC 2007 Show as serverB: hwclock --show;date;date -u Wed Mar 14 12:43:50 ...

  1. Set localtime Time to EDT

    How do I make serverA which currently shows:

    hwclock --show;date;date -u
    Wed Mar 14 12:42:57 2007 -0.174200 seconds
    Wed Mar 14 12:42:56 EST 2007
    Wed Mar 14 17:42:56 UTC 2007

    Show as serverB:
    hwclock --show;date;date -u
    Wed Mar 14 12:43:50 2007 -0.321299 seconds
    Wed Mar 14 13:43:50 EDT 2007
    Wed Mar 14 17:43:50 UTC 2007

    I've tried a numerous things to no avail.

    I have numerous servers showing as serverB using localtime (have my
    reasons) and they work fine with NTP. But serverA keeps falling back
    an hour when NTP restarts. I suspect it's EST vs EDT.

    SuSE 9 SLES

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: Set localtime Time to EDT

    murraymn@gmail.com writes:
    > I have numerous servers showing as serverB using localtime (have my
    > reasons) and they work fine with NTP. But serverA keeps falling back
    > an hour when NTP restarts. I suspect it's EST vs EDT.
    >
    > SuSE 9 SLES

    Not sure if Suse has the exact same filename, but in Fedora
    /etc/sysconfig/clock has the UTC hwclock switch and the timezone
    information. I would just grep for hwclock down in /etc and see where
    things get set.

    -wolfgang

  3. Re: Set localtime Time to EDT

    On Mar 14, 2:33 pm, "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" +gnus200...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > murra...@gmail.com writes:
    > > I have numerous servers showing as serverB usinglocaltime(have my
    > > reasons) and they work fine with NTP. But serverA keeps falling back
    > > an hour when NTP restarts. I suspect it'sESTvsEDT.

    > > SuSE 9 SLES

    > Not sure if Suse has the exact same filename, but in Fedora
    > /etc/sysconfig/clock has the UTC hwclock switch and the timezone
    > information. I would just grep for hwclock down in /etc and see where
    > things get set.
    >
    > -wolfgang
    > --
    > Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

    Thanks.

    I cheated and just copied localtime from one server to
    another...worked like a champ.

+ Reply to Thread