XP NTP changed by itself - NTP

This is a discussion on XP NTP changed by itself - NTP ; Has anyone encoutered an XP machine changing it's NTP to time.windows.com This is not a managed workstation, has default local security policy. It's NTP was set to a specified internal server, but when reviewing the logs, it was changed. Is ...

  1. XP NTP changed by itself

    Has anyone encoutered an XP machine changing it's NTP to
    time.windows.com
    This is not a managed workstation, has default local security policy.
    It's NTP was set to a specified internal server, but when reviewing
    the logs, it was changed.

    Is this a MS thing or?

  2. Re: XP NTP changed by itself

    Boomer wrote:
    > Has anyone encoutered an XP machine changing it's NTP to
    > time.windows.com
    > This is not a managed workstation, has default local security policy.
    > It's NTP was set to a specified internal server, but when reviewing
    > the logs, it was changed.
    >
    > Is this a MS thing or?

    We can only say for certain that it's not an NTP thing. There are many
    ways that can cause this to change. What source reported this change and
    what is the exact message in the event log?

    Note that this is a question better asked in a Microsoft newsgroup.

    Danny