  2. Re: Notrap option

    See the accopt.html page in the html/ doc subdirectory of your ntp stuff.

  3. Re: Notrap option

    On 2007-03-13, RICCARDO wrote:

    > If set "restrict X.Y.K.Z notrap" which operations are not permitted to
    > my time server from X.Y.K.Z machine ?

    notrap ==> "Decline to provide mode 6 control message trap service to
    matching hosts. The trap service is a subsystem of the ntpdq control
    message protocol which is intended for use by remote event logging
    programs."

    > It's equivalent to not use ntpq utility ?

    noquery ==> "Deny ntpq and ntpdc queries. Time service is not affected."

    'notrap' will still allow queries from ntpq and ntpdc.

    --
    Steve Kostecke

  4. Re: Notrap option

    On 14 Mar, 03:38, Steve Kostecke wrote:
    > On 2007-03-13, RICCARDO wrote:
    >
    > > If set "restrict X.Y.K.Z notrap" which operations are not permitted to
    > > my time server from X.Y.K.Z machine ?

    > notrap ==> "Decline to provide mode 6 control message trap service to
    > matching hosts. The trap service is a subsystem of the ntpdq control
    > message protocol which is intended for use by remote event logging
    > programs."
    >
    > > It's equivalent to not use ntpq utility ?

    > noquery ==> "Deny ntpq and ntpdc queries. Time service is not affected."
    >
    > 'notrap' will still allow queries from ntpq and ntpdc.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Kostecke
    > NTP Public Services Project -http://ntp.isc.org/

    I already read in documentation about notrap option but in practice I
    don't understand what operations are not permitted. Can you explain
    with some example please ?

  5. Re: Notrap option

    On 2007-03-14, RICCARDO wrote:
    > On 14 Mar, 03:38, Steve Kostecke wrote:
    >> On 2007-03-13, RICCARDO wrote:
    >>
    >> > If set "restrict X.Y.K.Z notrap" which operations are not permitted to
    >> > my time server from X.Y.K.Z machine ?

    >> notrap ==> "Decline to provide mode 6 control message trap service to
    >> matching hosts. The trap service is a subsystem of the ntpdq control
    >> message protocol which is intended for use by remote event logging
    >> programs."

    > I already read in documentation about notrap option but in practice I
    > don't understand what operations are not permitted.

    See the quote in my previous reply, traps are used "by remote event
    logging programs".

    Traps provide you with a way off collecting ntpd information from
    another machine and require the use a special "trap client" program.

    As far as I know only one of these "trap clients" has been released.

    --
    Steve Kostecke