iburst - NTP

This is a discussion on iburst - NTP ; Please post any way you like that communicates effectively. I prefer top posting or interspersed posting. >>> In article , "Richard B. Gilbert" writes: Richard> Please don't top post. It is a personal preference sort of thing. And the most ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: iburst

    Please post any way you like that communicates effectively.

    I prefer top posting or interspersed posting.

    >>> In article <1tidnbCruZ6H0fbYnZ2dnUVZ_s6dnZ2d@comcast.com>, "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:

    Richard> Please don't top post.

    It is a personal preference sort of thing.

    And the most important thing (IMO) is to trim unneeded prior text.

  2. Re: iburst

    In article ,
    David L. Mills wrote:

    > The units recorded in the frequency file are in precise
    > parts-per-million (PPM) maintained to a precision of parts-per-billion
    > (PPB). Properly calibrated, it makes an excellent room thermometer, fire
    > alarm and fan tattletale.

    I'm well aware of this, but I cannot see how it is relevant to what I
    just wrote, and, as you top posted and failed to trim, I don't
    even know which of my points you thought it was relevant to!

  3. Re: iburst

    David,

    I regret that you disapprove of my cultural mail style. I haven't
    changed in 25 years and don't intend to change now. As for the comment
    on frequency units, I thought that a useful clarification as the thread
    developed. If you find my style offensive, you are invited to add me to
    your blacklist. I will of course refrain from answering any mail from you.

    Dave