SNTP quaries - NTP

This is a discussion on SNTP quaries - NTP ; Hi Groop, I have some quaries in Development of SNTP client, 1. How can i update system clock time after finding time difference b/w SNTP server and Client time? 2. How Can init process( In linux) will call the SNTP ...

  1. SNTP quaries

    Hi Groop,

    I have some quaries in Development of SNTP client,

    1. How can i update system clock time after finding time difference b/w
    SNTP server and Client time?

    2. How Can init process( In linux) will call the SNTP daemon?

    3. How can we run SNTP client service periodically?

    Plese if you have any idea please share with me.

    Thanx
    Brahma

  2. Re: SNTP quaries

    "Brahma" wrote in message
    news:1163056171.602036.288780@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    [...]
    > 2. How Can init process( In linux) will call the SNTP daemon?

    I could swear I pointed you to the inittab manual page last week.

    > 3. How can we run SNTP client service periodically?

    I could swear I pointed you to the crontab manual page last week, too.

    Groetjes,
    Maarten Wiltink

  3. Re: SNTP quaries

    Brahma,

    Can you tell us why you want to call SNTP periodically?
    Is there a good reason why you can't use the regular NTP daemon?

    Paul

  4. Re: SNTP quaries

    Paul.Croome@softwareag.com wrote:
    > Brahma,
    >
    > Can you tell us why you want to call SNTP periodically?
    > Is there a good reason why you can't use the regular NTP daemon?
    >
    > Paul

    In order to update the client time, periodically.
    This we are developing our product.

  5. Re: SNTP quaries

    >> Can you tell us why you want to call SNTP periodically?
    >> Is there a good reason why you can't use the regular NTP daemon?

    >In order to update the client time, periodically.
    >This we are developing our product.

    Why do you want to update your clock periodically
    rather than run ntpd and let it take care of the clock?

    In most cases, ntpd will do a good job, much better
    than things like what you describe. Is there something
    special in your environment?

    --
    The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
    other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

  6. Re: SNTP quaries

    On 8 Nov 2006 23:09:31 -0800 in comp.protocols.time.ntp, "Brahma"
    wrote:

    >I have some quaries in Development of SNTP client,

    Search the web and FTP repositories: there are many free out there;
    most OSes come supplied with one; pick another if you don't like it;
    why reinvent the wheel (badly)?

    >1. How can i update system clock time after finding time difference b/w
    >SNTP server and Client time?

    man adjtime

    >2. How Can init process( In linux) will call the SNTP daemon?

    man inittab

    >3. How can we run SNTP client service periodically?

    man crontab

    >Plese if you have any idea please share with me.

    No ideas, just info.

    Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address use address above to reply

+ Reply to Thread