SNTP client request time out - NTP

This is a discussion on SNTP client request time out - NTP ; Hi, I am developing SNTP client module, i am unable to connect to the server(both external and internal), earlier the same module(code) worked properly without giving any "time out", Iam wondering why i am getting time out now? Does anyone ...

  1. SNTP client request time out

    Hi,

    I am developing SNTP client module, i am unable to connect to the
    server(both external and internal), earlier the same module(code)
    worked properly without giving any "time out",
    Iam wondering why i am getting time out now?

    Does anyone knows sollution for the same?

  2. Re: SNTP client request time out

    Brahma wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am developing SNTP client module, i am unable to connect to the
    > server(both external and internal), earlier the same module(code)
    > worked properly without giving any "time out",
    > Iam wondering why i am getting time out now?
    >
    > Does anyone knows sollution for the same?

    With only the information you have supplied, it is impossible to say
    what might be causing your problem. My best guess is that you have made
    an error in coding your client module. First, use snoop, tcpdump or
    some similar tool to verify that your client is actually sending a
    request packet to the server. Next, verify that this packet is
    correctly formatted and that the contents are valid.

    If these steps do not lead to a solution perhaps you can post again and
    furnish more details.

  3. Re: SNTP client request time out

    Brahma wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am developing SNTP client module, i am unable to connect to the
    > server(both external and internal), earlier the same module(code)
    > worked properly without giving any "time out",
    > Iam wondering why i am getting time out now?
    >
    > Does anyone knows sollution for the same?

    In addition to Richard's suggestions, if it's not a coding error, perhaps
    your software firewall is blocking the program because its signature has
    changed (due to re-compiling). Does the server respond to NTPQ commands?

    Cheers,
    David

  4. Re: SNTP client request time out

    Thanx for your answers,

    Today agin i excuted same code, but it's connecting to the internal
    server.
    While i am specifing external server same problem is repeated,
    Do you have any source files for SNTP client?

    Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
    > Brahma wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am developing SNTP client module, i am unable to connect to the
    > > server(both external and internal), earlier the same module(code)
    > > worked properly without giving any "time out",
    > > Iam wondering why i am getting time out now?
    > >
    > > Does anyone knows sollution for the same?
    > >

    > With only the information you have supplied, it is impossible to say
    > what might be causing your problem. My best guess is that you have made
    > an error in coding your client module. First, use snoop, tcpdump or
    > some similar tool to verify that your client is actually sending a
    > request packet to the server. Next, verify that this packet is
    > correctly formatted and that the contents are valid.
    >
    > If these steps do not lead to a solution perhaps you can post again and
    > furnish more details.

  5. Re: SNTP client request time out

    Brahma wrote:
    > Thanx for your answers,
    >
    > Today agin i excuted same code, but it's connecting to the internal
    > server.
    > While i am specifing external server same problem is repeated,
    > Do you have any source files for SNTP client?

    Source code, no, but a simple Windows executable can be found here:

    http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/s...htm#NTPmonitor

    David

+ Reply to Thread