Lexmark Network Printers and (S)NTP - NTP

This is a discussion on Lexmark Network Printers and (S)NTP - NTP ; Hi! I received a customer report describing a problem he has with the Lexmark printer models C762 (SL+) and C912 (QCL). I would like to investigate if anyone else using these printers can help me in finding out what causes ...

  1. Lexmark Network Printers and (S)NTP

    Hi!

    I received a customer report describing a problem he has with the
    Lexmark printer models C762 (SL+) and C912 (QCL).

    I would like to investigate if anyone else using these printers can help
    me in finding out what causes the problem.

    I will try to contact Lexmark in parallel, but a volunteer with one of
    those printers and basic knowledge of NTP and Ethereal/Wireshark would
    be great :-)

    Best regards,
    Heiko

    MEINBERG Radio Clocks
    www.meinberg.de

    IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.

  2. Re: Lexmark Network Printers and (S)NTP

    Heiko Gerstung wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I received a customer report describing a problem he has with the
    > Lexmark printer models C762 (SL+) and C912 (QCL).
    >
    > I would like to investigate if anyone else using these printers can help
    > me in finding out what causes the problem.
    >
    > I will try to contact Lexmark in parallel, but a volunteer with one of
    > those printers and basic knowledge of NTP and Ethereal/Wireshark would
    > be great :-)

    The real question is what's the problem? You really haven't said
    anything at all here and how it's related to NTP.

    Danny

    > Best regards,
    > Heiko

  3. Re: Lexmark Network Printers and (S)NTP

    Danny Mayer schrieb:
    > Heiko Gerstung wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I received a customer report describing a problem he has with the
    >> Lexmark printer models C762 (SL+) and C912 (QCL).
    >>
    >> I would like to investigate if anyone else using these printers can help
    >> me in finding out what causes the problem.
    >>
    >> I will try to contact Lexmark in parallel, but a volunteer with one of
    >> those printers and basic knowledge of NTP and Ethereal/Wireshark would
    >> be great :-)
    >>

    > The real question is what's the problem? You really haven't said
    > anything at all here and how it's related to NTP.

    Danny,

    I am trying to be careful, sorry for this :-) But I do not want to blame
    anyone before I am not sure that there _really_ is a problem.

    Due to the fact that I do not own one of the mentioned devices, I am
    looking out for a willing candidate who can perform a few tests for me.
    That would include the devices and an NTP server.

    Again, sorry for being vague.

    Best regards,
    Heiko

    > Danny
    >
    >> Best regards,
    >> Heiko

    MEINBERG Radio Clocks
    www.meinberg.de

    IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.

+ Reply to Thread