Spectrcom TPRO-PCI - NTP

This is a discussion on Spectrcom TPRO-PCI - NTP ; I have received, at work, 12 Spectrcom TPRO-PCI cards. These are the evolutionary successors to the KSI/Odetics TPRO card. I also have the Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel for these cards. Has anyone had any experience using this card ...

  1. Spectrcom TPRO-PCI

    I have received, at work, 12 Spectrcom TPRO-PCI cards. These are the
    evolutionary successors to the KSI/Odetics TPRO card. I also have the
    Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel for these cards.
    Has anyone had any experience using this card as a reference clock?
    If not, I will attempt to modify refclock_tpro to use this card and driver.
    Tim Keck

  2. Re: Spectrcom TPRO-PCI

    Time,

    Darn, I thought the KSI/Odetics cards were toast, as the last one I had
    ran only on a Sun SBus system in SunOS 4.3. Keep in mind those cards are
    similar to others made by Bancomm and TrueTime and lately by
    Symmetricom. It would be nice to fold these characters into a common driver.

    Dave

    Tim Keck wrote:

    > I have received, at work, 12 Spectrcom TPRO-PCI cards. These are the
    > evolutionary successors to the KSI/Odetics TPRO card. I also have the
    > Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel for these cards.
    > Has anyone had any experience using this card as a reference clock?
    > If not, I will attempt to modify refclock_tpro to use this card and driver.
    > Tim Keck

  3. Re: Spectracom TPRO-PCI (was Spectrcomm TPRO-PCI)

    Yes, it would be nice to have one driver for all. I'll see if I can
    gather enough documentation about them to determine the feasability of
    the merger, or at least write a framework to incorporate other cards as
    somwone else gathers the information.
    Spectracom was the only one I could find that had a Linux 2.6 kernel,
    though. Maybe other will be forthcoming.
    I believe Spectracom and Symmetricom are the only remaining companies in
    the business, having bought up Bancomm, True Time, KSI, and Datum
    between them.
    Tim Keck

    David L. Mills wrote:
    > Time,
    >
    > Darn, I thought the KSI/Odetics cards were toast, as the last one I had
    > ran only on a Sun SBus system in SunOS 4.3. Keep in mind those cards are
    > similar to others made by Bancomm and TrueTime and lately by
    > Symmetricom. It would be nice to fold these characters into a common
    > driver.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > Tim Keck wrote:
    >
    >> I have received, at work, 12 Spectrcom TPRO-PCI cards. These are the
    >> evolutionary successors to the KSI/Odetics TPRO card. I also have the
    >> Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel for these cards.
    >> Has anyone had any experience using this card as a reference clock?
    >> If not, I will attempt to modify refclock_tpro to use this card and
    >> driver.
    >> Tim Keck

  4. Re: Spectracom TPRO-PCI (was Spectrcomm TPRO-PCI)

    Tim Keck schrieb:
    > Yes, it would be nice to have one driver for all. I'll see if I can
    > gather enough documentation about them to determine the feasability of
    > the merger, or at least write a framework to incorporate other cards as
    > somwone else gathers the information.
    > Spectracom was the only one I could find that had a Linux 2.6 kernel,
    > though. Maybe other will be forthcoming.
    > I believe Spectracom and Symmetricom are the only remaining companies in
    > the business, having bought up Bancomm, True Time, KSI, and Datum
    > between them.
    > Tim Keck

    OK, I really,really tried but I can not resist, sorry :-)

    We (www.meinberg.de) also provide PCI cards with (open source) drivers
    for Linux kernels from 2.2 to 2.6, and we are still in business ;-)

    Regards,
    Heiko

    > David L. Mills wrote:
    >> Time,
    >>
    >> Darn, I thought the KSI/Odetics cards were toast, as the last one I
    >> had ran only on a Sun SBus system in SunOS 4.3. Keep in mind those
    >> cards are similar to others made by Bancomm and TrueTime and lately by
    >> Symmetricom. It would be nice to fold these characters into a common
    >> driver.
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>
    >> Tim Keck wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have received, at work, 12 Spectrcom TPRO-PCI cards. These are the
    >>> evolutionary successors to the KSI/Odetics TPRO card. I also have
    >>> the Linux driver for the 2.6 kernel for these cards.
    >>> Has anyone had any experience using this card as a reference clock?
    >>> If not, I will attempt to modify refclock_tpro to use this card and
    >>> driver.
    >>> Tim Keck

    MEINBERG Radio Clocks
    www.meinberg.de

    IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.

+ Reply to Thread