How to compile the ntp source code under Microsoft Windows? - NTP

This is a discussion on How to compile the ntp source code under Microsoft Windows? - NTP ; I want to compile ntp's source code under Microsoft Windows,How to generate the Makefile file? using "./configure" or ?? Thanks !^_^...

  1. How to compile the ntp source code under Microsoft Windows?

    I want to compile ntp's source code under Microsoft Windows,How to
    generate the Makefile file? using "./configure" or ?? Thanks !^_^

  2. Re: How to compile the ntp source code under Microsoft Windows?

    xvenw@163.com wrote:
    > I want to compile ntp's source code under Microsoft Windows,How to
    > generate the Makefile file? using "./configure" or ?? Thanks !^_^

    I'm sorry that I ask this question,I have finded the compile metod in
    "html/build/hints/winnt.html" :-(

  3. Re: How to compile the ntp source code under MicrosoftWindows?

    xvenw@163.com wrote:
    > I want to compile ntp's source code under Microsoft Windows,How to
    > generate the Makefile file? using "./configure" or ?? Thanks !^_^

    You don't use configure at all. There is already a config.h file built.
    What you need to do is the following:

    1) Install Perl for Windows (activestate has a good free one)
    2) Download from their Org site OpenSSL and compile it.
    3) Create the environmental variable OPENSSL to point to the OpenSSL
    top-level directory. You need to do this by setting it permanently
    through the System Control Panel or on a command line in DOS.
    4) Download and unpack the ntp sources.
    5) Start MSVC of whatever version. If you have define OPENSSL from the
    command line you need to invoke it from that command line in order for
    it to interpret that macro correctly.
    6) Open Workspace or Solution (depending on your flavor of MSVC) and go
    to ports/winnt/ and open ntp.dsw.
    7) Batch build the whole system.

    Does this help?

    Danny