ntp-server+w2k+cisco - NTP

This is a discussion on ntp-server+w2k+cisco - NTP ; Hello! It is necessary for me to adjust ntp-server on w2k. This ntp-server should be a source of synchronization for the network equipment (cisco 3750) in a local network not having Internet connection. It is necessary for me to solve ...

  1. ntp-server+w2k+cisco

    Hello!
    It is necessary for me to adjust ntp-server on w2k. This ntp-server should be a source of synchronization for the network equipment (cisco 3750) in a local network not having Internet connection. It is necessary for me to solve two problems: 1. To choose ntp-server from thirds of version (as the equipment cisco supports not above version 3), the most suitable for work with the equipment cisco.2. To adjust it that ntp-server was itself an independent source of synchronization without an external source and to have w2k station on which ntp-server installed as a refclock. External time is not so important for me, main that time inside of a local network was kept more or less synchronized.
    In this connection please I ask to help me with the arisen questions:
    1. What ntp-server from version3 most will approach to me?
    2. Where can i it download?
    3. What parameters and how to adjust, that ntp-server correctly worked in a local network not having Internet connection. Very much the greater request to explain as it to do in details or to specify the reference where it is described.
    Lot of thanks in advance!

  2. Re: ntp-server+w2k+cisco

    Hi Pavel!

    pavel malahov wrote:
    > Hello!
    > It is necessary for me to adjust ntp-server on w2k. This ntp-server should be a source of synchronization for the network equipment (cisco 3750) in a local network not having Internet connection. It is necessary for me to solve two problems: 1. To choose ntp-server from thirds of version (as the equipment cisco supports not above version 3), the most suitable for work with the equipment cisco.2. To adjust it that ntp-server was itself an independent source of synchronization without an external source and to have w2k station on which ntp-server installed as a refclock. External time is not so important for me, main that time inside of a local network was kept more or less synchronized.
    > In this connection please I ask to help me with the arisen questions:
    > 1. What ntp-server from version3 most will approach to me?

    You can use the standard NTP for Windows port, it will support v3 and v4
    clients including your Ciscos.

    http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

    > 3. What parameters and how to adjust, that ntp-server correctly worked in a local network not having Internet connection. Very much the greater request to explain as it to do in details or to specify the reference where it is described.
    > Lot of thanks in advance!

    You can configure it to use the "local clock" reference as its only
    source of time and set it up to advertise a stratum level of 5 or so.

    If you want to add a hardware reference, you could use our GPS170PCI
    card (or choose a product from another vendor, of course :-)).

    Best regards,
    Heiko