NTP Appliance with T1 timing output - NTP

This is a discussion on NTP Appliance with T1 timing output - NTP ; I have been tasked with updating our timing system from the small cluster of Soekris boxes to something pulling time from GPS directly. I was hoping to suggest purchasing a Meinberg produced NTP server, but I also need to have ...

  1. NTP Appliance with T1 timing output

    I have been tasked with updating our timing system from the small
    cluster of Soekris boxes to something pulling time from GPS directly.
    I was hoping to suggest purchasing a Meinberg produced NTP server, but
    I also need to have something that can provide a couple T1 timing
    outputs, so Meinberg is out it seems. (As are my Soekris units.)

    Anyone have suggestions on a rig other than Symmetricon that will give
    me T1 timing output, plus act as an NTP server? Ideally I'd like to
    get both a GPS referencing and CDMA referencing set of boxes from one
    vendor.

    Joshua Coombs

  2. Re: NTP Appliance with T1 timing output

    Joshua Coombs wrote:
    > I have been tasked with updating our timing system from the small
    > cluster of Soekris boxes to something pulling time from GPS directly. I
    > was hoping to suggest purchasing a Meinberg produced NTP server, but I
    > also need to have something that can provide a couple T1 timing outputs,
    > so Meinberg is out it seems. (As are my Soekris units.)
    >
    > Anyone have suggestions on a rig other than Symmetricon that will give
    > me T1 timing output, plus act as an NTP server? Ideally I'd like to get
    > both a GPS referencing and CDMA referencing set of boxes from one vendor.
    >
    > Joshua Coombs

    CDMA timing is derived from GPS. If you are going to get GPS, I'm not
    sure that there is much point in also getting CDMA.

    Can't help with the T1 timing.

  3. Re: NTP Appliance with T1 timing output

    Joshua Coombs schrieb:
    > I have been tasked with updating our timing system from the small
    > cluster of Soekris boxes to something pulling time from GPS directly. I
    > was hoping to suggest purchasing a Meinberg produced NTP server, but I
    > also need to have something that can provide a couple T1 timing outputs,
    > so Meinberg is out it seems. (As are my Soekris units.)
    >
    > Anyone have suggestions on a rig other than Symmetricon that will give
    > me T1 timing output, plus act as an NTP server? Ideally I'd like to get
    > both a GPS referencing and CDMA referencing set of boxes from one vendor.
    >
    > Joshua Coombs

    Hi Joshua,

    we offer customized versions of our LANTIME/GPS NTP Time Servers and
    there is a long list of possible add-ons, including a module which
    provides E1/T1 outputs (framed and unframed).

    Just contact our sales force at sales@meinberg.de or browse to the
    product page of our LANTIME/GPS
    (http://www.meinberg.de/english/products/lantime.htm) and use the "Get a
    quote" button (do not forget to specify that you need T1 outputs and how
    many).

    Best regards,
    Heiko

    MEINBERG Radio Clocks
    www.meinberg.de

    IRIG. Rackmount and desktop versions and PCI slot cards.

+ Reply to Thread