How can I find out whether ntp servers are stillconnected - NTP

This is a discussion on How can I find out whether ntp servers are stillconnected - NTP ; I want to find out within a c program whether my ntp servers configured in ntpd.conf are still reachable. Thanks, CGe _______________________________________________ questions mailing list questions@lists.ntp.isc.org https://lists.ntp.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/questions...

  1. How can I find out whether ntp servers are stillconnected

    I want to find out within a c program whether my ntp servers configured
    in ntpd.conf are still reachable.

    Thanks, CGe

  2. Re: How can I find out whether ntp servers are still connected

    Christoph Gerber wrote:
    > I want to find out within a c program whether my ntp servers configured
    > in ntpd.conf are still reachable.
    >
    > Thanks, CGe

    ntpq and ntpdc are both capable of this. Plagiarize!! Errrr. . .
    I mean reuse. . . .

  3. Re: How can I find out whether ntp servers are stillconnected

    In article <44EE1A5E.3090201@freenet.de>,
    christoph.gerber@freenet.de (Christoph Gerber) wrote:

    > I want to find out within a c program whether my ntp servers configured
    > in ntpd.conf are still reachable.

    If this is homework, see RFC 1305, Appendix B, otherwise shell to ntpq -c.

+ Reply to Thread