ntp on MontaVista Linux - NTP

This is a discussion on ntp on MontaVista Linux - NTP ; Hello dear newsgroup subscribers, I have following question, I hope this is appropriate group as I don't see any group dedicated to MontaVista Linux specifically and I have question regarding NTP: I have enabled statistics clockstats (I assume no typos) ...

  1. ntp on MontaVista Linux

    Hello dear newsgroup subscribers,

    I have following question, I hope this is appropriate group as I don't
    see any group dedicated
    to MontaVista Linux specifically and I have question regarding NTP:

    I have enabled statistics clockstats (I assume no typos) and I do not
    see any
    statistics of that type in /var/log. Also, even though, statsdir should
    be supported
    keyword (at least ntpd does not complain about its presence in the
    config
    file) the specification of different location for statistical files is
    not honoured and
    file keyword is not recognized at all.

    Questions: Is anyone aware of any specific tweaking done to ntp daemon
    in
    MontaVista Linux distribution?

  2. Re: ntp on MontaVista Linux

    pustota1 wrote:
    > Hello dear newsgroup subscribers,
    >
    > I have following question, I hope this is appropriate group as I don't
    > see any group dedicated
    > to MontaVista Linux specifically and I have question regarding NTP:
    >
    > I have enabled statistics clockstats (I assume no typos) and I do not
    > see any
    > statistics of that type in /var/log. Also, even though, statsdir should
    > be supported
    > keyword (at least ntpd does not complain about its presence in the
    > config
    > file) the specification of different location for statistical files is
    > not honoured and
    > file keyword is not recognized at all.
    >
    > Questions: Is anyone aware of any specific tweaking done to ntp daemon
    > in
    > MontaVista Linux distribution?

    Why don't you post your configuration file and also what version are you
    using of ntp? Use ntpq -c rv to find out.

    Danny