ntp4-2-2 crashes - NTP

This is a discussion on ntp4-2-2 crashes - NTP ; Hi All, I have downloaded ntp-4-2-2 version and it is running on uClinux. I have executed ntpd by using this " ntpd -g -c /etc/ntp.conf & ". I have created 4 associations, after one or two days ntpd is crashing. ...

  1. ntp4-2-2 crashes

    Hi All,

    I have downloaded ntp-4-2-2 version and it is running on uClinux.
    I have executed ntpd by using this " ntpd -g -c /etc/ntp.conf & ". I have
    created 4 associations, after one or two days ntpd is crashing.
    Any ideas ? Please let me know.

    Thanks in advance

    Regards,
    Murphy

  2. Re: ntp4-2-2 crashes

    >I have downloaded ntp-4-2-2 version and it is running on uClinux.
    >I have executed ntpd by using this " ntpd -g -c /etc/ntp.conf & ". I have
    >created 4 associations, after one or two days ntpd is crashing.
    >Any ideas ? Please let me know.

    Is it crashing or detecting an error and exiting?

    Is it running out of memory?

    Is there anything interesting in the log file?

    If it's crashing, can you get a core dump?

    --
    The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
    other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

  3. Re: ntp4-2-2 crashes

    Murphy Gari wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have downloaded ntp-4-2-2 version and it is running on uClinux.
    > I have executed ntpd by using this " ntpd -g -c /etc/ntp.conf & ". I have
    > created 4 associations, after one or two days ntpd is crashing.
    > Any ideas ? Please let me know.

    How is it "crashing"???

    Does it just go away silently? Are there error messages in syslog?

  4. Re: ntp4-2-2 crashes

    Murphy,

    Have you configured any refclocks?

    Please post a copy of your ntp.conf file.

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread