ntp_io error messages - NTP

This is a discussion on ntp_io error messages - NTP ; I see in "debug.log" the following message: "ntp_io: estimated max descriptors: 2656, initial socket boundary:20" Apparently this is not a fatal error, but the message appears on all my three servers (FreeBSD 5.4 / ntp 4.2.2p3-RC1). I think the meesages ...

  1. ntp_io error messages

    I see in "debug.log" the following message:

    "ntp_io: estimated max descriptors: 2656, initial socket boundary:20"

    Apparently this is not a fatal error, but the message appears on all my
    three servers (FreeBSD 5.4 / ntp 4.2.2p3-RC1).

    I think the meesages appeared for the very first time after upgrading
    to version NTP 4.2.2p1.

  2. Re: ntp_io error messages

    I've noticed the message appear when starting the ntpd service - I have
    now the latest version 4.2.2p3.

  3. Re: ntp_io error messages

    It isn't an error message.

    It is a debug log message.