NTP 4.2.2p1 Released - NTP

This is a discussion on NTP 4.2.2p1 Released - NTP ; Redwood City, CA - 2006/07/08 - The NTP Public Services Project ( http://ntp.isc.org/ ) is pleased to announce that NTP 4.2.2p1, a Stable Release of the NTP Reference Implementation from the NTP Project, is now available at http://ntp.isc.org/download . The ...

  1. NTP 4.2.2p1 Released

    Redwood City, CA - 2006/07/08 - The NTP Public Services Project
    (http://ntp.isc.org/) is pleased to announce that NTP 4.2.2p1,
    a Stable Release of the NTP Reference Implementation from the
    NTP Project, is now available at http://ntp.isc.org/download.

    The file-size of this Stable Release is 2562995 bytes. An MD5 sum
    of this release is available at http://ntp.isc.org/download.

    Please report any bugs, issues, or desired enhancements at
    http://bugs.ntp.isc.org/.

    The NTP (Network Time Protocol) Public Services Project, which is
    hosted by Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. (http://www.isc.org/),
    provides support and additional development resources for the
    Reference Implementation of NTP produced by the NTP Project
    (http://www.ntp.org/).

  2. Re: NTP 4.2.2p1 Released

    NTP Public Services Project wrote:

    > Redwood City, CA - 2006/07/08 - The NTP Public Services Project
    > (http://ntp.isc.org/) is pleased to announce that NTP 4.2.2p1,
    > a Stable Release of the NTP Reference Implementation from the
    > NTP Project, is now available at http://ntp.isc.org/download.
    >
    > The file-size of this Stable Release is 2562995 bytes. An MD5 sum
    > of this release is available at http://ntp.isc.org/download.
    >
    > Please report any bugs, issues, or desired enhancements at
    > http://bugs.ntp.isc.org/.
    >
    > The NTP (Network Time Protocol) Public Services Project, which is
    > hosted by Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. (http://www.isc.org/),
    > provides support and additional development resources for the
    > Reference Implementation of NTP produced by the NTP Project
    > (http://www.ntp.org/).

    What is the significance of the "p" in "4.2.2p1"?

  3. Re: NTP 4.2.2p1 Released

    >>> In article , "Richard B. Gilbert" writes:

    > What is the significance of the "p" in "4.2.2p1"?

    It's the first "point" release.

    See http://ntp.isc.org/Main/ReleaseNumberingScheme for more information.

  4. Re: NTP 4.2.2p1 Released

    Harlan Stenn writes:

    > > What is the significance of the "p" in "4.2.2p1"?

    > It's the first "point" release.

    I always thought is stands for "patchlevel" like for OpenSSH.

    > See http://ntp.isc.org/Main/ReleaseNumberingScheme for more information.

    The page lacks a definition of "point" however.

    Ulrich

  5. Re: NTP 4.2.2p1 Released

    patchlevel or point, either works for me.