PPS Kit for kernel 2.6 - NTP

This is a discussion on PPS Kit for kernel 2.6 - NTP ; Hi Can anyone enlighten me on how to get a PPSKit for a 2.6 kernel ???...

  1. PPS Kit for kernel 2.6

    Hi
    Can anyone enlighten me on how to get a PPSKit for a 2.6 kernel ???

  2. Re: PPS Kit for kernel 2.6

    "DJ" wrote in message
    news:1152047956.816183.283710@b68g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi
    > Can anyone enlighten me on how to get a PPSKit for a 2.6 kernel ???

    Look for the 'PPSkit-light-' patches. These can be applied to the matching
    2.6.x kernel source tree to add PPS capability.

    In my case I was using a 2.6.16.x kernel & could only find the 2.6.15.1
    patch, but it only took a few minutes to edit the rejects in by hand.

    There are also two include files that need copying - timex.h & timepps.h
    Without these NTP will compile but PPS does not work...

    Apparently the instructions for this are in the 2.4 PPSKit, but I did'nt see
    them anywhere with the -light patch..

    Hope this is of use,
    Robert Jenkins.

  3. Re: PPS Kit for kernel 2.6

    "DJ" writes:

    > Hi
    > Can anyone enlighten me on how to get a PPSKit for a 2.6 kernel ???

    Hmm.. Write one? ;-)

    Ulrich

  4. Re: PPS Kit for kernel 2.6

    "R Jenkins" writes:

    > "DJ" wrote in message
    > news:1152047956.816183.283710@b68g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Hi
    > > Can anyone enlighten me on how to get a PPSKit for a 2.6 kernel ???
    > >

    > Look for the 'PPSkit-light-' patches. These can be applied to the matching
    > 2.6.x kernel source tree to add PPS capability.

    Please note the "-alpha" in the file name: This is just a kernel patch, and no
    "PPSkit". It's incomplete and possibly buggy. There won't be a new release
    within a month or so, unless someone finds the bugs, fixes them, and publishes
    the fixes. Sorry to say.

    > In my case I was using a 2.6.16.x kernel & could only find the 2.6.15.1
    > patch, but it only took a few minutes to edit the rejects in by hand.
    >
    > There are also two include files that need copying - timex.h & timepps.h
    > Without these NTP will compile but PPS does not work...
    >
    > Apparently the instructions for this are in the 2.4 PPSKit, but I did'nt see
    > them anywhere with the -light patch..

    Explanation above.

    > Hope this is of use,
    > Robert Jenkins.