    How do i restrict ntpd to listen on only specific interfaces?

    tnx

  2. Re: listen on only one interface

    On 2006-06-29, gandalf100@gmail.com wrote:

    > How do i restrict ntpd to listen on only specific interfaces?

    You could use the '-L' option to tell ntpd to listen on a specific
    interface.

    You could use your firewall (iptables, ipfw, etc.) to only open the ntp
    port (123/UDP) on certain interfaces.

    You could use ntpd restrictions to control what IP addresses / sub-nets
    are allowed to access your ntpd.

    --
    Steve Kostecke

  3. Re: listen on only one interface

    There is also the '-I iface' option.

  4. Re: listen on only one interface

    gandalf100@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > How do i restrict ntpd to listen on only specific interfaces?
    >
    > tnx

    If you mean hardware interface you can use the -L command line option:
    ntpd -L if

    where if is something like eth0. I do not currently support specific
    addresses. There is currently an open bug report to specify specific IP
    addresses but that as not yet been implemented. Note that -L without the
    interface name will do something slightly different.

    Danny