-M ntpd Option - NTP

This is a discussion on -M ntpd Option - NTP ; When the installer installed nptd on my Win XP SP2 machine as a service it added the -M option. I cannot find where this option is documented. Does anyone know what it does? Charles Elliott...

  1. -M ntpd Option

    When the installer installed nptd on my Win XP SP2 machine as a service it
    added the -M option. I cannot find where this option is documented. Does
    anyone know what it does?

    Charles Elliott

  2. Re: -M ntpd Option

    Charles Elliott wrote:
    > When the installer installed nptd on my Win XP SP2 machine as a
    > service it added the -M option. I cannot find where this option is
    > documented. Does anyone know what it does?
    >
    > Charles Elliott

    I can't tell you where it is documented, but the function is to make NTPD
    enable the multi-media timers on Windows which can substantially improve
    the performance (i.e. much better time-keeping). I observed this
    improvement on my own system and reported here:

    http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/n...nts.htm#glitch

    Cheers,
    David

+ Reply to Thread