C function calls to obtain simple ntpq functionality - NTP

This is a discussion on C function calls to obtain simple ntpq functionality - NTP ; We are building an embedded application. The main process must be able to retrieve the NTP status. Offset, jitter, and synchronized server must be retrievable. We are looking for standard C function calls that will achieve this functionality. What is ...

  1. C function calls to obtain simple ntpq functionality

    We are building an embedded application. The main process must be able to
    retrieve the NTP status. Offset, jitter, and synchronized server must be
    retrievable. We are looking for standard C function calls that will achieve
    this functionality. What is the sensible approach?

    Best regards,

    Frans

  2. Re: C function calls to obtain simple ntpqfunctionality

    Frans Grotepass wrote:
    > We are building an embedded application. The main process must be able to
    > retrieve the NTP status. Offset, jitter, and synchronized server must be
    > retrievable. We are looking for standard C function calls that will achieve
    > this functionality. What is the sensible approach?

    Send a mode 6 NTP packet with the request for the parts you need. You'd
    have to look at the ntpq client to figure out how to do that. There's no
    API currently written to do that.

    Danny