Hi All,
I know that this is not the optimal configuration, but due to politics/existing infrastructure, i cannot make any infrastructure changes. We were using a 2003 dc as the local ntp source for the 30 or so linux servers that a client has at the location that I consult for without an issue. After upgrading to Windows 2008, I determined that all the ntp packets coming from the dc that was previously being successfully used as the time source now has all ntp udp packets with a checksum of zero, and are therefore being rejected by the Linux clients. I have heavily delved into the MS documentation, and have been unable to find a resolution. Do any of you have any suggestions? I know that the ideal resolution would be to use a *nix server and point AD to that local time server, but as I said, this solution, do to internal company politics, is not available.