How can it be :05 in one place and :30 inanother place? - NTP

This is a discussion on How can it be :05 in one place and :30 inanother place? - NTP ; Hi, I went to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ I saw that it was 10:35 in New York but in Adelaide it was 1:05 PM and in New Delhi 8:05. How can that be? Gretchen...

  1. How can it be :05 in one place and :30 inanother place?

    Hi,

    I went to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

    I saw that it was 10:35 in New York but in Adelaide it was 1:05 PM and in
    New Delhi 8:05.

    How can that be?

    Gretchen

  2. Re: How can it be :05 in one place and :30 in another place?

    Gretchen Baxter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I went to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
    >
    > I saw that it was 10:35 in New York but in Adelaide it was 1:05 PM and in
    > New Delhi 8:05.
    >
    > How can that be?
    >
    > Gretchen

    http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...ons/timezones/

    There are timezones with non integerhour offsets.

    uwe

  3. Re: How can it be :05 in one place and :30 in another place?

    Gretchen Baxter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I went to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
    >
    > I saw that it was 10:35 in New York but in Adelaide it was 1:05 PM and in
    > New Delhi 8:05.
    >
    > How can that be?
    >
    > Gretchen

    While most time zones differ from UTC by an integer number of hours,
    there are some that do not.

    See:

    http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...tsw=&forma=12h

    --
    Jim Pennino

    Remove .spam.sux to reply.

  4. Re: How can it be :05 in one place and :30 in another place?

    gretchendenisebaxter@gmail.com (Gretchen Baxter) writes:

    >Hi,

    >I went to http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

    >I saw that it was 10:35 in New York but in Adelaide it was 1:05 PM and in
    >New Delhi 8:05.

    >How can that be?

    Easy. There exist half hour time zones in the world. The closest to you is
    probably Newfoundland in Canada.

    >Gretchen

+ Reply to Thread