What's the current status of PPS support for Linux 2.6 Kernels? - NTP

This is a discussion on What's the current status of PPS support for Linux 2.6 Kernels? - NTP ; and where do I get it? -- These are my opinions, not necessarily my employer's. I hate spam....

  1. What's the current status of PPS support for Linux 2.6 Kernels?

    and where do I get it?

  2. Re: What's the current status of PPS support for Linux 2.6 Kernels?

    Hal Murray wrote:
    > and where do I get it?

    The current status:
    1. LinuxPPS implementation yet to be part of mainstream kernel

    2. You can get it from http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/

    3. For more information have a look at
    http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support

    I have tested it with 2.6.23 and 2.6.26

    Cheers,
    Venu

  3. Re: What's the current status of PPS support for Linux 2.6 Kernels?

    Venu Gopal writes:

    >Hal Murray wrote:
    >> and where do I get it?
    >>

    >The current status:
    >1. LinuxPPS implementation yet to be part of mainstream kernel

    Right now Linux has much more pressing problems with its kernel time
    support than PPS support. With the new sources of time,( tsc hpet,....) and
    of time screwups ( active cpu speed control, sleep modes,....) the
    situation is a bit of a mess.
    >2. You can get it from http://ftp.enneenne.com/pub/misc/linuxpps/patches/

    >3. For more information have a look at
    >http://wiki.enneenne.com/index.php/LinuxPPS_support