Does the EU or European country have an - NTP

This is a discussion on Does the EU or European country have an - NTP ; Hi, I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization. I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source? As a European company, my employer would ...

  1. Does the EU or European country have an

    Hi,

    I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.

    I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil

    But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?

    As a European company, my employer would prefer not to base too much of its
    research around a US Military source, irrelevant how reliable it is.

    Thank you,

    Gretchen

  2. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil ?

    gretchendenisebaxter@gmail.com (Gretchen Baxter) wrote in
    news:4fdb424f0810060729k482c610ch799c457387fcd3f6@ mail.gmail.com:

    > http://www.usno.navy.mil

    http://www.npl.co.uk/time
    http://www.ptb.de/en/org/4/44/index_e.htm

    Regards
    Peter

  3. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil ?

    gretchendenisebaxter@gmail.com (Gretchen Baxter) wrote in
    news:4fdb424f0810060729k482c610ch799c457387fcd3f6@ mail.gmail.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.
    >
    > I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil
    >
    > But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?
    >
    > As a European company, my employer would prefer not to base too much
    > of its research around a US Military source, irrelevant how reliable
    > it is.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Gretchen

    ...also

    http://www.nmm.ac.uk/explore/astrono...me/time-facts/

  4. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil?

    Gretchen Baxter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.
    >
    > I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil
    >
    > But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?
    >
    > As a European company, my employer would prefer not to base too much of its
    > research around a US Military source, irrelevant how reliable it is.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Gretchen

    Most countries have a "National Standards Laboratory" and most operate
    an atomic clock to provide a time and frequency standard. Great Britain
    (MSF), Deutchland, and France (Bureau International des Poids et
    Mesures) all provide radio broadcasts of time signals.

    GPS is available everywhere!

  5. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 14:29:41 +0000, Gretchen Baxter wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.
    >
    > I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil
    >
    > But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?

    See map at: http://www.bipm.org/en/scientific/tai/tai.html

    BIPM (Bureau International des Poids et Mesures) in France is the
    world body that co-ordinates time measurements from atomic clocks
    operated by 50+ nations around the globe.

  6. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil ?

    Gretchen Baxter wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.
    >
    > I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil
    >
    > But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?
    >
    > As a European company, my employer would prefer not to base too much of its
    > research around a US Military source, irrelevant how reliable it is.

    The Syrte at the observatoire de Paris:

    http://syrte.obspm.fr/index.php?lang=en

    --
    François Meyer Tel : (+33) 3 81 66 69 27 Fax : 3 81 66 69 44
    Observatoire de Besancon - BP1615 - 25010 Besancon cedex - FRANCE

  7. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of

  8. Re: Does the EU or European country have an equivalent of http://www.usno.navy.mil ?

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:29:41 GMT in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
    gretchendenisebaxter@gmail.com (Gretchen Baxter) wrote:

    >I am doing research for my employer around time synchronization.
    >
    >I have found a lot of good information at http://www.usno.navy.mil
    >
    >But does the EU or other European countries have a similar source?
    >
    >As a European company, my employer would prefer not to base too much of its
    >research around a US Military source, irrelevant how reliable it is.

    Google time server stratum OR pool
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeserver
    http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome
    http://www.pool.ntp.org
    Please read the docs until you understand why you should rarely connect
    to a stratum 1 time server unless you run such inhouse

    Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address use address above to reply

+ Reply to Thread