Weird output from ntpq -p - NTP

This is a discussion on Weird output from ntpq -p - NTP ; When you run ntpq -p, it outputs a banner with configured ntp server. But sometimes it outputs something totally different: # ntpq -p ntpd: time slew +0.000000s Why does that happen? Is there a bug in ntpq? I can reproduce ...

  1. Weird output from ntpq -p

    When you run ntpq -p, it outputs a banner with configured ntp server.
    But sometimes it outputs something totally different:

    # ntpq -p
    ntpd: time slew +0.000000s

    Why does that happen? Is there a bug in ntpq? I can reproduce it and
    it only happens very seldom. ntpd version is:

    ntpd: ntpd 4.2.0a@1.1213-r Tue Nov 8 17:18:10 UTC 2005 (1)

    --
    mvh Bjvrn

  2. Re: Weird output from ntpq -p

    BJörn,

    That message did not come from ntpq; it came from ntpd operating in
    ntpdate mode. Are you sure you didn't run ntpd -q?

    Dave

    BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
    > When you run ntpq -p, it outputs a banner with configured ntp server.
    > But sometimes it outputs something totally different:
    >
    > # ntpq -p
    > ntpd: time slew +0.000000s
    >
    > Why does that happen? Is there a bug in ntpq? I can reproduce it and
    > it only happens very seldom. ntpd version is:
    >
    > ntpd: ntpd 4.2.0a@1.1213-r Tue Nov 8 17:18:10 UTC 2005 (1)
    >

    > --
    > mvh Bjvrn

+ Reply to Thread