NTP Events - NTP

This is a discussion on NTP Events - NTP ; Hi, Can someone please elaborate the following two events EVNT_SYNCCHG EVNT_CLOCKRESET I need the details as to when are these events generated. Please help. Thanks Kiran...

  1. NTP Events

    Hi,

    Can someone please elaborate the following two events

    EVNT_SYNCCHG
    EVNT_CLOCKRESET

    I need the details as to when are these events generated.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    Kiran

  2. Re: NTP Events

    Kiran,

    Please see the documentation. Look for the decode.html page or find via
    the sitemap. If you want further information, see the protostats monitor
    file. Some of this stuff is moderately recent and applies only to recent
    snapshots. For earlier versions, see the libntp/statestr.c file.

    Dave

    kiran shirol wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone please elaborate the following two events
    >
    > EVNT_SYNCCHG
    > EVNT_CLOCKRESET
    >
    > I need the details as to when are these events generated.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kiran

  3. Re: NTP Events

    I am not able to find decode.html. Can you please point me to the location.

    Thanks
    Kiran

    "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    > Kiran,
    >
    > Please see the documentation. Look for the decode.html page or find via
    > the sitemap. If you want further information, see the protostats monitor
    > file. Some of this stuff is moderately recent and applies only to recent
    > snapshots. For earlier versions, see the libntp/statestr.c file.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > kiran shirol wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can someone please elaborate the following two events
    >>
    >> EVNT_SYNCCHG
    >> EVNT_CLOCKRESET
    >>
    >> I need the details as to when are these events generated.
    >>
    >> Please help.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Kiran

  4. Re: NTP Events

    Kiran,

    As I said, that page is only in recent snapshots and in the
    documentatino on the web. However, if you are not using a recent
    snapshot, those messages may not be relevant to you. As I also said,
    look in libntp/statestr.c for those messages that might apply to you.

    I recently updated the entire message reporting system and fixed vey
    many weeds that had grown over the years. The development version at
    ntp.org has these changes.

    Dave

    kiran shirol wrote:
    > I am not able to find decode.html. Can you please point me to the location.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kiran
    >
    > "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    >
    >>Kiran,
    >>
    >>Please see the documentation. Look for the decode.html page or find via
    >>the sitemap. If you want further information, see the protostats monitor
    >>file. Some of this stuff is moderately recent and applies only to recent
    >>snapshots. For earlier versions, see the libntp/statestr.c file.
    >>
    >>Dave
    >>
    >>kiran shirol wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Can someone please elaborate the following two events
    >>>
    >>>EVNT_SYNCCHG
    >>>EVNT_CLOCKRESET
    >>>
    >>>I need the details as to when are these events generated.
    >>>
    >>>Please help.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Kiran

  5. Re: NTP Events

    Thanks David. I was looking at a bit older version of NTP.
    I am able to get it now.

    > Kiran,
    >
    > As I said, that page is only in recent snapshots and in the documentatino
    > on the web. However, if you are not using a recent snapshot, those
    > messages may not be relevant to you. As I also said, look in
    > libntp/statestr.c for those messages that might apply to you.
    >
    > I recently updated the entire message reporting system and fixed vey many
    > weeds that had grown over the years. The development version at ntp.org
    > has these changes.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > kiran shirol wrote:
    >> I am not able to find decode.html. Can you please point me to the
    >> location.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Kiran
    >>
    >> "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Kiran,
    >>>
    >>>Please see the documentation. Look for the decode.html page or find via
    >>>the sitemap. If you want further information, see the protostats monitor
    >>>file. Some of this stuff is moderately recent and applies only to recent
    >>>snapshots. For earlier versions, see the libntp/statestr.c file.
    >>>
    >>>Dave

  6. Re: NTP Events

    Dave,

    I am using ntp-4.2.0a in my setup. I see the event named "EVNT_SYNCCHG" in
    the code.

    As per your suggestion, I checked the latest code, this event seems to be
    depricated. I dont see this EVNT_SYNCCHG
    in ntp.h.

    My requirement is this,
    I want to listen to EVNT_SYNCHG and then do some calculations in my program
    when this event is generated.
    If there is some otherway in which this can be done, suggestions are
    welcome.

    Please let me know if I am missing something here.

    Thanks
    Kiran

    "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    > Kiran,
    >
    > As I said, that page is only in recent snapshots and in the documentatino
    > on the web. However, if you are not using a recent snapshot, those
    > messages may not be relevant to you. As I also said, look in
    > libntp/statestr.c for those messages that might apply to you.
    >
    > I recently updated the entire message reporting system and fixed vey many
    > weeds that had grown over the years. The development version at ntp.org
    > has these changes.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > kiran shirol wrote:
    >> I am not able to find decode.html. Can you please point me to the
    >> location.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Kiran
    >>
    >> "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Kiran,
    >>>
    >>>Please see the documentation. Look for the decode.html page or find via
    >>>the sitemap. If you want further information, see the protostats monitor
    >>>file. Some of this stuff is moderately recent and applies only to recent
    >>>snapshots. For earlier versions, see the libntp/statestr.c file.
    >>>
    >>>Dave

  7. Re: NTP Events

    Kiran,

    I say yet once again, the event reporting is specific to the particular
    verision. The version you cite preceeds the development version, so the
    web documentation does not apply to you. I say for the third time you
    may find help in your specific version using the comments in the
    libntp/statestr.c file. Some event conditions have been changed to more
    accurately reflect the behavior of the program. These have been
    carefully reported in the program documenation, and decode.html page.

    Dave

    kiran shirol wrote:

    > Dave,
    >
    > I am using ntp-4.2.0a in my setup. I see the event named "EVNT_SYNCCHG" in
    > the code.
    >
    > As per your suggestion, I checked the latest code, this event seems to be
    > depricated. I dont see this EVNT_SYNCCHG
    > in ntp.h.
    >
    > My requirement is this,
    > I want to listen to EVNT_SYNCHG and then do some calculations in my program
    > when this event is generated.
    > If there is some otherway in which this can be done, suggestions are
    > welcome.
    >
    > Please let me know if I am missing something here.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kiran
    >
    > "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    >
    >>Kiran,
    >>
    >>As I said, that page is only in recent snapshots and in the documentatino
    >>on the web. However, if you are not using a recent snapshot, those
    >>messages may not be relevant to you. As I also said, look in
    >>libntp/statestr.c for those messages that might apply to you.
    >>
    >>I recently updated the entire message reporting system and fixed vey many
    >>weeds that had grown over the years. The development version at ntp.org
    >>has these changes.
    >>
    >>Dave
    >>
    >>kiran shirol wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am not able to find decode.html. Can you please point me to the
    >>>location.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Kiran
    >>>
    >>>"David L. Mills" wrote in message

  8. Re: NTP Events

    Thanks David for the response.

    Regards

    > Kiran,
    >
    > I say yet once again, the event reporting is specific to the particular
    > verision. The version you cite preceeds the development version, so the
    > web documentation does not apply to you. I say for the third time you may
    > find help in your specific version using the comments in the
    > libntp/statestr.c file. Some event conditions have been changed to more
    > accurately reflect the behavior of the program. These have been carefully
    > reported in the program documenation, and decode.html page.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > kiran shirol wrote:
    >
    >> Dave,
    >>
    >> I am using ntp-4.2.0a in my setup. I see the event named "EVNT_SYNCCHG"
    >> in the code.
    >>
    >> As per your suggestion, I checked the latest code, this event seems to be
    >> depricated. I dont see this EVNT_SYNCCHG
    >> in ntp.h.
    >>
    >> My requirement is this,
    >> I want to listen to EVNT_SYNCHG and then do some calculations in my
    >> program when this event is generated.
    >> If there is some otherway in which this can be done, suggestions are
    >> welcome.
    >>
    >> Please let me know if I am missing something here.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Kiran
    >>
    >> "David L. Mills" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Kiran,
    >>>
    >>>As I said, that page is only in recent snapshots and in the documentatino
    >>>on the web. However, if you are not using a recent snapshot, those
    >>>messages may not be relevant to you. As I also said, look in
    >>>libntp/statestr.c for those messages that might apply to you.
    >>>
    >>>I recently updated the entire message reporting system and fixed vey many
    >>>weeds that had grown over the years. The development version at ntp.org
    >>>has these changes.
    >>>
    >>>Dave

+ Reply to Thread