NTP-dev packages for Debian stable/etch i386 - NTP

This is a discussion on NTP-dev packages for Debian stable/etch i386 - NTP ; I've started a small Debian repository for the current release of NTP-Dev. This archive will only contain the latest NTP-Dev snapshot and the only supported archtecture is i386 on "etch" (the current Debian stable). These packages are built using the ...

  1. NTP-dev packages for Debian stable/etch i386

    I've started a small Debian repository for the current release of
    NTP-Dev. This archive will only contain the latest NTP-Dev snapshot and
    the only supported archtecture is i386 on "etch" (the current Debian
    stable).

    These packages are built using the current Debian NTP package framework
    but are complied "as is" (i.e. without the Debian-specific DFSG patches).

    Add the following line to you /etc/apt/sources if you wish to use
    this repository:

    deb http://psp5.ntp.org/debian/ etch main

    Add the following line if you want the source, too:

    deb-src http://psp5.ntp.org/debian/ etch main

    To acquire the archive signing key:

    1. Get the key with:

    gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 2260E098

    2. Check the fingerprint with:

    gpg --fingerprint 2260E098

    You should see:

    pub 1024D/2260E098 2008-07-04
    Key fingerprint = 1C1D 6070 C2E2 37BD DEB8 EEA1 BCF3 3FBE 2260 E098
    uid NTP Public Services Project Autobuilder

    3. Add the key to apt's key-ring with:

    gpg --armor --export 2260E098 | apt-key add -

    The "autobuilder" is not yet automatic, but plans for that are in the
    works.

    --
    Steve Kostecke

  2. Re: NTP-dev packages for Debian stable/etchi386

    Steve Kostecke wrote:
    > I've started a small Debian repository for the current release of
    > NTP-Dev. This archive will only contain the latest NTP-Dev snapshot and
    > the only supported archtecture is i386 on "etch" (the current Debian
    > stable).

    Have you also announced this to the Debian community?

    Danny

  3. Re: NTP-dev packages for Debian stable/etch i386

    On 2008-07-05, Danny Mayer wrote:
    > Steve Kostecke wrote:
    >> I've started a small Debian repository for the current release of
    >> NTP-Dev. This archive will only contain the latest NTP-Dev snapshot and
    >> the only supported archtecture is i386 on "etch" (the current Debian
    >> stable).

    > Have you also announced this to the Debian community?

    No.

    There are some details (e.g. permanent hostname, package names,
    autobuilder scripting, etc.) which need to be ironed out before the
    repository is ready for a formal announcement.

    --
    Steve Kostecke

  4. Re: NTP-dev packages for Debian stable/etch i386

    On 2008-07-05, Steve Kostecke wrote:
    > On 2008-07-05, Danny Mayer wrote:
    >> Steve Kostecke wrote:
    >>> I've started a small Debian repository for the current release of
    >>> NTP-Dev. This archive will only contain the latest NTP-Dev snapshot and
    >>> the only supported archtecture is i386 on "etch" (the current Debian
    >>> stable).

    >> Have you also announced this to the Debian community?

    > No.
    >
    > There are some details (e.g. permanent hostname, package names,
    > autobuilder scripting, etc.) which need to be ironed out before the
    > repository is ready for a formal announcement.

    I've renamed the packages

    ntp -> ntp-dev
    ntpdate -> ntpdate-dev
    ntp-doc -> ntp-dev-doc

    And set them to conflict with the non dev packages.

    However I've not sufficiently tested them yet or moved them into the
    repository.

    --
    Steve Kostecke