Different time indicatios - NTP

This is a discussion on Different time indicatios - NTP ; Gentlemen, Why is your time indication 2 seconds behind the WWV time signals from Boulder Colorado? I am trying to use the NTP visual time indicator to time precise instruments and found this important difference. Thank you, Arthur S. Cohen ...

  1. Different time indicatios

    Gentlemen,

    Why is your time indication 2 seconds behind the WWV time signals from Boulder Colorado? I am trying to use the NTP visual time indicator to time precise instruments and found this important difference.

    Thank you,

    Arthur S. Cohen
    Ibsen 72
    Mexico City Mexico 11560

  2. Re: Different time indicatios

    Arthur S. Cohen wrote:
    > Gentlemen,
    >
    > Why is your time indication 2 seconds behind the WWV time signals
    > from Boulder Colorado? I am trying to use the NTP visual time
    > indicator to time precise instruments and found this important
    > difference.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Arthur S. Cohen
    > Ibsen 72
    > Mexico City Mexico 11560

    Arthur,

    There is no "visual time indicator" in the release NTP software. What
    software are you using?

    - NTP here agrees with the local radio-derived time signals well within a
    fraction of a second.

    - The NTP I derive from my GPS is within a few milliseconds of NTP I get
    off the Internet.

    Cheers,
    David

  3. Re: Different time indicatios

    On 2008-06-22, Arthur S. Cohen wrote:

    > Why is your time indication 2 seconds behind the WWV time signals from
    > Boulder Colorado? I am trying to use the NTP visual time indicator to
    > time precise instruments and found this important difference.

    Where is this "NTP visual time indicator" located ?

    --
    Steve Kostecke

  4. Re: Different time indicatios

    Arthur S. Cohen wrote:
    > Gentlemen,
    >
    > Why is your time indication 2 seconds behind the WWV time signals from Boulder Colorado? I am trying to use the NTP visual time indicator to time precise instruments and found this important difference.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Arthur S. Cohen
    > Ibsen 72
    > Mexico City Mexico 11560

    Since this mailing list/newsgroup does not operate a timeserver, perhaps
    you should provide a little detail about just which server you are
    having a problem with!

+ Reply to Thread