ntp to vxworks - NTP

This is a discussion on ntp to vxworks - NTP ; Hi, We are porting ntp 4.2.4 to vxworks 6.4 for Power PC in kernel space not RTP for he GNU compiler in Vxworks. This is turning out to be a big issue. Does someone have a config.h that works for ...

  1. ntp to vxworks

    Hi,

    We are porting ntp 4.2.4 to vxworks 6.4 for Power PC in kernel space not RTP for he GNU compiler in Vxworks.
    This is turning out to be a big issue.

    Does someone have a config.h that works for this?

    Currently we are copying the folders libntp,libparse, include, ntpd under a eclipse project with not much success.
    How are other people dealing with this issue of vxworks not supporting time.
    Any advise on how to do this would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    Tiff

  2. Re: ntp to vxworks

    tiffini wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are porting ntp 4.2.4 to vxworks 6.4 for Power PC in kernel space not RTP for he GNU compiler in Vxworks.
    > This is turning out to be a big issue.
    >
    > Does someone have a config.h that works for this?
    >

    > Currently we are copying the folders libntp,libparse, include, ntpd under a eclipse project with not much success.
    > How are other people dealing with this issue of vxworks not supporting time.
    > Any advise on how to do this would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Tiff

    Years ago, we had a version of NTP running under vxWorks. I don't
    recall which version or if I would even be able to find that code, but
    you are welcome to have it if you want it. This was probably at least 9
    years ago and it was probably VxWorks 5.4 or 5.3 -- but it worked.

    Andy

  3. Re: ntp to vxworks

    Andy,

    So far as I know, the vxworks-specific code is still in the
    distribution. We didn't take anything out, but surely weeds have grown
    in the garden.

    Dave

    Andy Helten wrote:

    > tiffini wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>We are porting ntp 4.2.4 to vxworks 6.4 for Power PC in kernel space not RTP for he GNU compiler in Vxworks.
    >>This is turning out to be a big issue.
    >>
    >>Does someone have a config.h that works for this?
    >>

    >>Currently we are copying the folders libntp,libparse, include, ntpd under a eclipse project with not much success.
    >>How are other people dealing with this issue of vxworks not supporting time.
    >>Any advise on how to do this would be appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance
    >>
    >>Tiff

    > Years ago, we had a version of NTP running under vxWorks. I don't
    > recall which version or if I would even be able to find that code, but
    > you are welcome to have it if you want it. This was probably at least 9
    > years ago and it was probably VxWorks 5.4 or 5.3 -- but it worked.
    >
    > Andy

  4. Re: ntp to vxworks

    Tiff,

    Whatever you come up with I'd be happy to get the patches back in to the
    main release.

    I don't think it will be that much longer before we release 4.2.6.
    --
    Harlan Stenn
    http://ntpforum.isc.org - be a member!

+ Reply to Thread